What is AutoAlert fall detection?
Over 30% of senior subscribers who fall can´t or don´t push the button.
After a fall, long lie times can lead to further injury and serious complications.
With AutoAlert, there are no long lie times, as the AutoAlert pendant is built with SMART
sensors that can tell if you fall and will call the response centre automatically.
AutoAlert works with multiple sensors embedded in a powerful microprocessor that is
always on and always ready. When a person goes about their daily routine,
whether it´s sitting, going up and down the stairs or lying down, AutoAlert is
registering their activity and movement. AutoAlert uses patented
technology that constantly measures changes in height orientation to a horizontal position and velocity.
When a fall occurs, AutoAlert recognizes the difference between every day movements and a fall.
It calls for help automatically.
AutoAlert detects a fall.
AutoAlert gives you 30 seconds to cancel an alarm, or you can cancel by starting to stand back up.
If the alarm is not cancelled in 30 seconds, you´ll be connected to a response centre operator.
You will hear a reassuring voice and know help is on the way.
AutoAlert is not just for the frail elderly – falls can happen to people of all ages with chronic conditions:
- Heart disease, stroke, Parkinson´s and low blood pressure can cause dizziness, balance problems and fatigue.
- Diabetes can cause a loss of sensation in the feet, leading to a reduced “sense of place.”
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and heart failure result in breathing difficulties, weakness and fatigue, even with only slight exertion.
- Arthritis results in loss of flexibility and increased difficulty maintaining balance.
- Vision problems, such as glaucoma and cataracts, decrease visual function.
- Medications can also be a risk factor, particularly sleeping medications, anti-depressants or anti-anxiety drugs, and heart medications.